Hello, my name is Colin McCann and I have been in practice as an Osteopath for nearly 20 years. I originally trained in London at the British School of Osteopathy and then moved up to the Midlands with my wife. I started my career in Leamington with Jane Connor’s practice for 5 ½ fabulous years before opening my own practice in Nuneaton. I am thrilled to be returning to work with Jane and her practice again to complement my work in Nuneaton.
I have a special interest in skiing, I was in the British Alpine Ski team in my youth which sadly seems many years ago now! So I understand the demands that this sport puts on the body. It was these demands that led me to becoming an Osteopath as my uncle, who was an Osteopath, would put me back together again having returned home with various injuries from training camps.
I also used to instruct in sailing and windsurfing, another two sports in which I have a great interest. This interest has been passed down to my son who currently competes in the RS:X Olympic windsurfing class as a member of the British windsurfing youth squad, taking part in national, and international competitions. My daughter also enjoys being active: her great passion is dancing, so weekends are always busy. My wife is a Headteacher in Coventry and we try to get away as a family, skiing during the school holidays, and enjoy cycling in the mountains during the summer.
I enjoy cycling in this country as well and often join my son on his weekend cycle rides.
- Overview of Pseudoxanthoma elasticum PXE Pathology Revision
- Disorders of the Skeleton
- Hypo / Hyper thyroid
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia, type II (MEN II)
- Concepts for Osteopathic Health care
- Cellulitis Revision
- Revision UTI’S
- Echo cardiogram & electro cardiogram & Understanding ECG
- ECG & Heart conduction problems – Revision
- Crainial Nerves Tracts & The Plexi of the Nervous system
- First Aid
- Overview of Neuro-ophthalmologic and Cranial Nerve Disorders – Neurologic Disorders
- Anatomy Physiology & Pathology Revision
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Dermatological Disorders
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Revision basic immunology
- Headache, Meningitis & Alzheimers disease
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome ( Hughes syndrome)
- Kennedys Disease:- Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & Multiple Sclerosis – Revision
- Focal Muscular Atrophies