- Our patient screening, practice hygiene, and staff PPE are all in line with current government and health guidelines.
- Our Osteopath will be wearing FFP2 masks, full face visors, aprons and gloves.
- Our receptions have been provided with surgical masks, gloves and, if the situation requires it, full face visors.
- We have installed protective (sneeze) screens at the reception desk.
- The treatment rooms, couch, pillow cases, door handles, front desk and toilet will be cleaned after every patient.
- We have disinfectant wipes in the toilet if you wish to clean the seat, taps and handles for yourself (but we will clean it again once you have gone).
- Hand sanitiser is available as you enter the waiting room and in the treatment room.
- We will take everyone’s temperature as they enter the practice.
- We have provided a QR code for those using the Track and Trace App on their phone.
Covid-19 - The Osteopathic Practice safety protocols for Osteopaths and patients.
What we are doing for our patients:
Reducing the risk of patient contact:
Jane O’Connor will be working Monday-Thursday.
Patient appointments will be every 45 minutes although the treatment time will be 20-25 minutes. This is to allow us time to:
Reduce the chances of patients meeting in the waiting room.
Allow time to fully clean the treatment couch, desk, chairs, surfaces, handles, etc.
Fully air the treatment room for the required 15-20 minutes between patients.
What we are asking our patients to do for us:
Please DO NOT come to the practice if:
- You have had any symptoms of COVID-19: a high temperature, a persistent cough, or loss of sense of smell or taste in the last 7 days.
- You have someone in your household who has, or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- You, or anyone in your household are considered extremely clinically vulnerable:
- You are over 70 and are considered vulnerable.
- Have an immune deficiency.
- Are currently having chemo or radiotherapy.
- Are a transplant recipient.
- Have pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma, hay fever, COPD, etc.
- Have any illness or condition that may make you susceptible to
- You or anyone in your household has been in contact with someone with suspected/confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have been on a plane within the last 14 days.
If you have an appointment then, subsequently, you or a household member develop any COVID-19 symptoms please telephone the practice to cancel – there will be no cancellation charge.
If you have children and are unable to leave them at home, please do not make an appointment.
We do not have the facilities to look after children while a parent or sibling is having a treatment.
Only one parent, guardian or chaperone to attend, if the patient is a child or is someone who needs a chaperone.
If the patient is a child, one parent must attend at all times during the treatment.
Please do not arrive too early for your appointment.
If you do, please wait in your car until 5 minutes before your treatment time.
If you have been brought by a family member or friend, we respectfully request that they stay in their car.
If you need assistance getting in to the practice, they can help you to the door, press the assistance button at the gate, and our Osteopath or staff will help you into the practice.
Please wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly on arrival and on leaving the practice.
Hand sanitizers are provided near the front door.
We request that patients and chaperones wear a mask when attending for treatment, if you do not have one, we can provide a disposable surgical mask.
Please pay by card rather than cash.
If you develop any symptoms of Covid-19 after attending the practice, please contact the practice immediately so that the Osteopath who treated you, the receptionist and the other patients that attended that day can be contacted.
SCREENING AND PATIENT RISK
Every patient and their chaperone (if they have one) will be telephoned and asked Covid-19 screening questions 24 hours before every treatment.
If you, or any member of your household, or anyone that you have been in contact with develops symptoms of Covid-19 your appointment will be cancelled and you should self-isolate for 14 days.
Despite all our efforts to clean the waiting and treatment rooms, and shield patients, there is still a small risk of contracting COVID-19 if you attend this practice. If you are a vulnerable patient, or are concerned to avoid all risk, we can provide an online or telephone consultation to avoid all physical contact.
We hope you will understand that these protocols are for your safety, and the safety of others through this time.